When It Becomes Obvious, What's Next?

 


 I think the existence of God is so obvious. I don't care if you use an argument of intelligent design, or good vs evil, or you can't get something out of nothing. It takes more faith to NOT believe in God than it does to believe in our Creator. Yes, I understand there are people that can convince themselves, and their hearts are hardened into believing God does not exist. 

"The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world." (Psalm 19:1-4) 

It really makes me sad that people are so deaf and blind to the world around them that they cannot see the existence of God. A Gallup poll states that 81% of Americans believe God exists. The sad part is that number has dropped 6% in the last six years.(1) The good news is that a vast majority of people see that God does exist. 

So, when it becomes obvious that God truly exists, what next?

When trying to convince people to believe in the God of the Bible it is so easy to get bogged down in things that don't matter. If you believe there is a God and if you do NOT believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, then what are the alternatives. Make your case. That is exactly what Isaiah was saying;

"'Present the case for your idols', says the Lord. 'Let them show what they can do', says the King of Israel. Let them try to tell us what happened long ago so that we may consider the evidence. Or let them tell us what the future holds, so we can know what's going to happen. Yes, tell us what will occur in the days ahead. Then we will know you are gods. In fact, do anything --- good or bad! Do something that will amaze and frighten us. But no! You are less than nothing and can do nothing at all. Those who choose you pollute themselves." (Isa. 41:21-23)

Oh sure, the false gods of this world can make spectacular claims. They can use deceit and lies to speak to those who are vulnerable. Yet, I have seen the glory of the Lord in my life. I have seen his power to heal. I have seen his compassion bringing hope in impossible situations. I have been filled with his Spirit so that I feel I will burst. God has spoken to me with direction and when I have obeyed, his word was correct. I'm not talking about hearing the witness and testimony of others.  I'm not just talking about believing the witnesses in God's word. 

I AM AN EYEWITNESS TO THE GOD I DEEPLY LOVE, REVEALED IN SCRIPTURE! He has worked in my life and when I read of his presence in God's word, I can relate what I read to the here and now! 

If you open yourself up to the worship of ONE TRUE GOD, the next step is just as obvious as the first. God will make himself real to you and it will be as marvelous and spectacular as the opening of the Red Sea. No idol, no false god, no fake religion can do what MY GOD can do. TAKE THAT NEXT STEP! BELIEVE IN HIM!


1 - https://news.gallup.com/poll/268205/americans-believe-god.aspx


Comments