Breadcrumbs!

 

I was a pretty good kid. Even to this day, I am a rule follower. AND please do not take this the wrong way, I cannot remember SPECIFIC instances where I got in trouble as a kid. If I got a "spanking," it was pretty rare. That does not mean I haven't done some pretty dumb things in my life. As I think of my childhood mistakes, I was always punished for them. They had consequences. Yet, the punishment I received from my father, is overshadowed by the love my Dad had for me. There was never a time when I received punishment and thought, "Dad doesn't love me anymore!"

Most of my mistakes and my REALLY DUMB MOVES in life were done when I became an adult. Oh Boy! Some of those dumb things were REALLY DUMB! I am not going to use this blog as a confessional, but there are many times in my life when "I kicked myself for my stupidity!"

I love these verses from Jeremiah:

I turned away from God, but then I was sorry. I kicked myself for my stupidity! I was thoroughly ashamed of all I did in my younger days. 'Is not Israel my son, my darling child?' says the Lord. 'I often have to punish him, but I still love him. That's why I long for him and surely will have mercy on him.' Set up road signs; put up guideposts. Mark well the path by which you came. Come back again, my virgin Israel; return to your towns here. How long will you wander, my wayward daughter? FOR THE LORD WILL CAUSE SOMETHING NEW TO HAPPEN - ISRAEL WILL EMBRACE HER GOD.' (Jeremiah 31:19-22, emphasis added)

 This scripture is so REAL to me.  

I have turned away from God and done some dumb things that NOW I am ashamed of. Even though there were consequences, I have never doubted that God still loves me. Even though I have sinned and turned my back on God, he still longs for me and has great mercy for me. He always accepts me back into his arms. Yes, he accepts his wayward child and then all things will be made new!

If you ever think you are too far gone, you are grossly mistaken. God is waiting for you to return. He has made a breadcrumb path, he has placed road signs and guideposts, to guide you back to him. How long will you wander? Return to God and He will cause something new to happen!



Comments