Consuming Fire!

 

In February 2022 God gave me a clear vision, a mission, a message to carry to everyone I meet. As I began reading Ezekiel today, it reminded me of my own mission. God told Ezekiel, in this vision, that he was not going to be popular. The people wouldn't listen to what he told them and even though they were stubborn and hardhearted, his obedience was important. He was consumed by the burning fire ignited by the Lord. I am consumed with a fire, a passion for people to GO!

"The Spirit came into me as he spoke, and he set me on my feet. I listened carefully to his words. 'Son of man,' he said, 'I am sending you to the nation of Israel, a rebellious nation that has rebelled against me. They and their ancestors have been rebelling against me to this very day. They are a stubborn and hard-hearted people. But I am sending you to say to them, 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says!' And whether they listen or refuse to listen -- for remember, they are rebels -- at least they will know they have had a prophet among them. 

'Son of man, do not fear them or their words. Don't be afraid even though their threats surround you like nettles and briers and stinging scorpions. Do not be dismayed by their dark scowls, even though they are rebels. You must give them my messages whether they listen or not. But they won't listen, for they are completely rebellious! Son of man, listen to what I say to you. Do not join them in their rebellion. Open your mouth, and eat what I give you.'" (Ezekiel 2:2-8)

After a year and a half, I am sharing the same message. "Go out into the world and make disciples." It is not enough to sit in church, in a comfortable church pew. Time is short, the return of the Lord is near. He wants me to shout, "Wake up" you people of the Lord, shake off your slumber, and Go to the nations. 

Listen to what Hebrews 4:1 says, 

"God's promise of rest still stands, so we ought to tremble with fear that some of you might fail to experience it. For this good news -- that God has prepared this rest -- has been announced to us just as it was to them. But it did them no good because they didn't share the faith of those who listened to God. For only we who believe can enter his rest."(Hebrews 4:1-3)

Do we "tremble with fear" that those in our family, our friends, and our community might not enter the eternal rest promised by God? Are we consumed with God's fire? Do we go out into the world to share the good news? No, we are worried about political correctness. We are worried about the acceptance of the crowds. We fear what people will think and what they will say. We fear persecution and rejection.

Ezekiel obeyed. Even though his message was harsh and people did not want to hear it, he still remained obedient and listened to the indwelling Spirit inside him. We need to do the same today. The Spirit is prompting us to go out into the world and passionately share Jesus. He wants us to be consumed with his fire to the point everything near us is ignited with that same passion. Please GO into all the world. GO to your neighbors. Go to the inner cities. Go to the homeless, the unemployed, the rich, the poor, the young, and the old. Make disciples of all nations (all people) baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit! (Matthew 28:19) Amen!

May the consuming FIRE OF GOD fill your hearts like it did Ezekiel!

Comments