God's Fault?

 


Should we blame God for our problems? 

I know people who don't follow God because of the pain and trials they face in life. They blame God for their problems.

Should they blame God?

In Lamentations 3 the writer clearly blames God for the trials of his nation. For seventeen verses he recites what God has done. He says:

"He has filled me with bitterness and given me a bitter cup of sorrow to drink. He has made me chew on gravel. He has rolled me in the dust. Peace has been stripped away, and I have forgotten what prosperity is. I cry out, 'My splendor is gone! Everything I had hoped for from the Lord is lost!'"

In Lamentations 4, we read the writer admits the root cause of this pain and suffering. 

"Yet, it happened because of the sins of her prophets and sins of her priests, who defiled the city by shedding innocent blood." (Lamentations 4:13)

The sins of this world are at the very core of our pain, suffering, trials, and grief. We can blame God and YES, he could fix things. But God is a god of JUSTICE AND RIGHTEOUSNESS. He cannot let sin go unpunished. 

Our grief is not the end of the story! Read this;

"The thought of my suffering and homelessness is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. Yet, I still dare to hope when I remember this: 

The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning; therefore, I will hope in him! The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord "(Lamentations 3:19-26) 

It is clear we will face trials and tribulations. We do not always understand the reasons for those difficulties. Sometimes it is the sin in our lives. Sometimes we do not understand the purpose or cause of our pain. Yes, we can blame God. He can handle it. Just don't give up on the Lord, because his faithfulness endures. For those who "depend on him and search for HIM." the pain will NOT endure forever.  

"For no one is abandoned by God forever. Though he brings grief, he also shows compassion because of the greatness of his unfailing love. For he does not enjoy hurting people or causing them sorrow." (Lamentations 3:31-33) 

God is a god of justice and righteousness, mercy and grace. He suffers our pain, and our grief, and mourns over our suffering. 

THERE IS HOPE AND "GREAT IS HIS FAITHFULNESS!" God sent His Son to save us. Those who believe the GOOD NEWS of Jesus coming to live, die, and defeat death, will be saved. Jesus faced all of the pain, the suffering, the beatings, and took upon himself all the sins of the world. He personally knows what you are going through. 

TURN TO JESUS! 

You do not have to endure life's pain and suffering alone. CHOOSE JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!







Comments