Wow! Life has changed!

There have been times in my life when I thought I heard a clear message from God to go in a certain direction, to focus my life on a certain path. Then the door closes and I wonder why. Was this sudden change because of me? Was this quick change in direction because I was NOT hearing from God like I thought? 

When Stephanie and I retired in May of 2019, I felt a strong urge to focus my energies with BIKERS and my CMA family. We spent the next three years serving all over the country in Sturgis, Daytona, and various other biker events. We were so blessed and God was using us. All our energies were focused on that ministry. Then within a single night, a vision from the Lord, everything changed. What we thought was a long lifetime of serving bikers has changed to a different ministry. Yes, we still love to ride. Yes, I love the ministry of CMA and our ministry leadership, its mission, and its methods. But, in the past year, God has directed our lives away from BIKER ministry to a focus on making disciples who make disciples in northeast Indiana.

As I was reading Jeremiah today, I realized how much God used the BIKER ministry of CMA to mold us into who we are and the path we are on today. In Jeremiah 18, the Lord sends Jeremiah down to the potter's shop:

"The Lord gave another message to Jeremiah. He said, 'Go down to the potter's shop, and I will speak to you there.' So I did as he told me and found the potter working at his wheel. But the jar he was making did not turn out as he had hoped, so he crushed it into a lump of clay again and started over. Then the Lord gave me this message: 'O Israel, can I not do to you as this potter had done to his clay? As the clay is in the potter's hand, so you are in my hand.'"(Jeremiah 18:1-6)

God has been working on us with his potter's wheel. His divine hands have shaped us as he desired. In the beginning, it might have looked like he was making me into a trash bin. It might appear he has changed his mind and is now molding us into a special jar for his glory. He is not in a hurry. He is patient as he molds me into the vessel I am meant to be. We might not understand all the changes he makes in the shape of our life. But, we trust in the potter's hand and HIS ability to take us from a worthless lump of clay to a precious vessel. 

Romans 9:21-23

"When a potter makes jars out of clay, doesn't he have a right to use the same lump of clay to make one jar for decoration and another to throw garbage in? In the same way, even though God has the right to show his anger and his power, he is very patient with those on whom his anger falls, who are destined for destruction. He does this to make the riches of his glory shine even brighter on those to whom he shows mercy, who were prepared in advance for glory."

 I praise you, Lord, for taking me from a lump of clay, destined for destruction, to a precious vessel that radiates YOUR GLORY! PRAISE GOD for your Love, your Mercy, and your Grace. Amen!

Comments