Tomorrow?

 


I am NOT a procrastinator! I hate putting things off because I hate the stress of deadlines. I hate how I treat people when I am under pressure and stress. 

I really feel sorry for the prophets Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel. They did everything possible to warn the nation of Israel of the consequences of continually disobeying God. Ezekiel was one of the most creative when it came to sharing his message. In Ezekiel 12, the Lord tells the prophet to pack his bags like he is going into exile. He is told to dramatize this act in front of everyone in broad daylight. He is to act like he is being sent into exile. Even the way he walks is supposed to portray the upcoming events. He then is to dig a hole in the wall and crawl through the hole to symbolize being sent out through the rubble of Jerusalem to a foreign country. The people watched, and I am sure they thought he was CRAZY. The results made me think of PROCRASTINATION!

"Then this message came to me from the Lord, "Son of man, the people of Israel are saying, 'He's talking about the distant future. His visions won't come true for a long, long time.' Therefore, tell them, 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: 'No more delay! I will now do everything I have threatened. I, the Sovereign Lord, have spoken!'" (Ezekiel 12:25-28)

The events of the exile were real, and they didn't happen in the distant future; they happened immediately. The people could have avoided all the pain and sorrow by taking action that day. They put off doing anything, resulting in death, pain, and sorrow.

We are in the END TIMES. I am unaware of any believer who truthfully thinks the time of judgment is "in the distant future!" The time for action is now. Yes, most people think we are crazy and just spreading gloom and doom. But, JESUS IS COMING BACK SOON, and we need to be Ezekiel, using every means available to us to bring family, friends, and community with us to paradise. The alternative is not pleasant. 

Don't put off giving your life to Jesus. As followers of Jesus, I am compelled to GO, not tomorrow, but TODAY, to make disciples of all nations. 2 Corinthians 5:20 says, "So we are Christ's Ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, "Come back to God!" For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ. 

NOW IS THE TIME. STOP PROCRASTINATING. TOMORROW MAY BE TOO LATE! Get right with God. Go to him in prayer and tell him you know you have not obeyed him, you have sinned against him, and you seek his forgiveness. Tell him you understand he sacrificed his life on the cross to save you from that sin. THEN, Commit your life to him. DO IT TODAY!


Comments