Are you a Rebel?

 


We used to be able to tag someone with the label "Rebel," and it was just a quaint term for someone who constantly went against the grain. But, in this country and certainly around the world, there are rebellions and violent resistance growing everywhere. 

Between political division, racially charged protests, oppression, and segregation, the new normal is rebellion. 

I know this may oversimplify the dire situation but all of this rebellion can be directly traced to our rebellion from God. Unfortunately, man's rebellion with God has been pretty consistent since the early days of Adam and Eve. In Ezekiel, it is spelled out clearly,

"But the people of Israel rebelled against me, and they refused to obey my decrees there in the wilderness. They wouldn't obey my regulations even though obedience would have given them life. They also violated my Sabbath days. So I threatened to pour out my fury on them, and I made plans to utterly consume them in the wilderness. But again, I held back in order to protect the honor of my name before the nations who had seen my power in bringing Israel out of Egypt." (Ezekiel 20:13-15)

Our only hope is the power and name of Jesus, his love, his grace, and his mercy. We are in rebellion against the Creator of all things. What kind of logic is that? The chains that hold us aren't from God; they are from our SEPARATION FROM GOD. We are slaves and oppressed by the enemy, not the Creator! When we turn back to him in humility, in obedience, and in love, He will save us and restore all of creation. He will free us, breaking every chain!

"So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free." John 8:34

Today is the day, end the rebellion, fall on your face toward God. Seek his forgiveness, dedicate your entire life to him, and then sit back and let the peace of God flood your life. Things will not go without trial, but you can be assured that God will be there to provide his loving hand throughout all the challenges you face!





Comments