Chaos

 


Have you ever tried to untangle a mess of wires. For me, that usually happens at Christmas time. I get into the attic and bring out the exterior lights, Clark Griswold style, and begin to test them. IF they work, the process of untangling begins! It is pure CHAOS.

In Ezekiel 22, the Lord gave a message to the profit that described a different kind of chaos. In a few short verses, the Lord describes the charges against Israel. As I read them, I could only think of our society today and how the lists are exactly the same.

"Every leader in Israel who lives within your walls is bent on murder. Fathers and mothers are treated with contempt. Foreigners are forced to pay for protection. Orphans and widows are wronged and oppressed among you. You despise my holy things and violate my Sabbath days of rest. People accuse others falsely and send them to their deaths. You are filled with idol worshipers and people who do obscene things. Men sleep with their fathers' wives and force themselves on women who are menstruating. Within your walls live men who commit adultery with their neighbor's wives, who defile their daughters-in-law, or who rape their own sisters. There are hired murderers, loan racketeers, and extortioners everywhere. They never think of me and my commands, says the Sovereign Lord." (Ezekiel 22:6-12)

We are about to face the same judgment of ancient Israel. Please, Lord, give us the strength and boldness to go out and share the gospel before it is too late! Salvation through Jesus Christ is the only thing that can save us from the Chaos!


Comments