Created for HIM!

 


The picture above is the Nile River. In Ezekiel 29:3, Pharoah claims the Nile is HIS RIVER saying, "The Nile is mine; I made it for myself." I read this verse and I think of the arrogance of this Egyptian leader. 

Then I was thinking about how we act the same way. We might not say it, but we act like WE MADE all the wonders and splendors that surround us. As I was reflecting on this statement of misplaced pride, I instantly thought of the song, "This is My Father's World." I love this song and Amy Grant has a beautiful version that I have included below. 

Not only does creation belong to the Lord, WE are also HIS CREATION. We have been created for his glory, not our own. I praise God that HE IS STILL IN CONTROL. Even as we see the current turmoil in Israel, GOD IS STILL IN CHARGE OF ALL CREATION. Please Lord, help us remember your great power and might! Spend some time listening to this wonderful praise song and reflect on the words!


This is my Father's worldAnd to my listening earsAll nature sings, and roundly ringsThe music of the spheres
This is my Father's worldThe birds their carols raiseThe morning light, the lily-whiteDeclare their maker's praise
This is my Father's worldI rest me in the thoughtOf rocks and trees, of skies and seasHis hand the wonders wrought
This is my Father's worldOh, let me ne'er forgetThat though the wrong seems oft so strongGod is the ruler yet
This is my Father's worldWhy should my heart be sad?The Lord is King, let the heavens ringGod reigns, let the earth be glad
This is my Father's worldHe shines in all that's fairIn the rustling grass I hear Him passHe speaks to me everywhere
In the rustling grass I hear Him passHe speaks to me everywhere



Comments