Dem' Bones gonna Rise!


 

OK! I get it! Celebrating ghosts and goblins is not very Spiritual and certainly not Biblical! HOWEVER, I was reminded today of a great story in the Bible found in Ezekiel 37. 

Ezekiel was led to a place where dry bones covered the ground. The Lord told him to speak my words to these bones and they will rise up. Then I will fill them with breath and they will be covered with muscles and skin! Read it for yourself:

"He led me all around among the bones that covered the valley floor. They were scattered everywhere across the ground and were completely dried out. Then he asked me, 'Son of man, can these bones become living people again?' 

'O Sovereign Lord,' I replied, 'you alone know the answer to that.'

Then he said to me, 'Speak a prophetic message to these bones and say, 'Dry bones, listen to the words of the Lord! This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Look! I am going to put breath into you and make you live again! I will put flesh and muscles on you and cover you with skin. I will put breath into you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.'" (Ezekiel 37:2-6)

And that is exactly what happened. The Lord said the bones represent Israel who had become like dry bones, with no hope. They left the Lord and were dead in their sin and disobedience. NOW, the Lord was going to fill them again with his Spirit, just like the day of Pentecost. 

I love this story. It reminds me of this great camp song! (MY wife hadn't ever heard the song. "How sad! LOL!) 


OK! I know it is not about Ezekiel, but the story made me think of this song. There is another Song that is more in line with the story!


Hope you enjoyed the songs! However, MY POINT: Don't be just a body filled with dry bones. Be filled with the Holy Spirit. Go out and serve the Lord!



Comments