God is watching!

 


I can't imagine all that God sees and has seen throughout the history of this planet. 

"For the Lord sees clearly what a man does, examining every path he takes." (Proverbs 5:21)

As a follower of Jesus, this thought pops into my mind quite often. Yet, I know there are people that never think about GOD WATCHING them. 

In order for this thought to have any impact on your life. You need to believe there is a god. In the 1950's and 60's a record 98% believed in God. NOW, that number has dropped to 81%.[1] So when it says in Hosea,

"Its people don't realize that I am watching them. Their sinful deeds are all around them, and I see them all." (Hosea 7:2)

That statement could have been made today. I would add that people don't realize God is watching them and they don't care! They don't even believe there is a god.

It is no wonder the moral compass of our world has gone haywire. When I was growing up as a kid, the famous saying was, "Wait 'til your father gets home!" Our behavior was greatly affected by our parents. We knew if we messed up, we would be punished. I never thought it was mean, abusive, or out of line. I knew of my parent's deep love for me and I knew, even if I disagreed, they were punishing me for my own good. 

Since so many people don't believe in God's existence they don't have a standard and there is no reverent FEAR of the Lord. They don't live like God is watching them because they don't believe in God. And many of the ones that do, don't believe in a god that punishes his people, after all isn't God a God of LOVE?

In Hosea 7:10 it says, "Their arrogance testifies against them, yet they don't return to the Lord their God or even try to find him." Yep, we live in an arrogant society that thinks they know better than God and they have no desire to seek him. 

Please forgive us Lord. How can they miss all the works of your mighty hands? How can they not fear your power and might, your punishments and your consequences? 

We are just like Israel in the time of Hosea:

"Israel has built many altars to take away sin, but these very altars became places of sinning! Even though I gave them all my laws, they act as if those laws don't apply to them. The people love to offer sacrifices to me, feasting on meat, but I do not accept their sacrifices. I will hold my people accountable for their sins, and I will punish them. (Hosea 8:11-13)

We must have a healthy, loving, fear of the Lord. HE IS WATCHING US!

1 - https://news.gallup.com/poll/268205/americans-believe-god.aspx#:~:text=Most%20recently%2C%20Gallup%20found%2081,in%20the%201950s%20and%201960s.


Comments