Hanging Pictures

 


I am a little OCD! I love symmetry, and balance, not just in hanging pictures, but also throughout my life. It took me much longer than it should have to hang these pictures! LOL! (I really needed two more pictures to make this "perfectly" balanced!) When I read Ezekiel 40-42 this morning, one of the first things I thought of when reading about the Temple was symmetry. That's just how I am wired. 

I have to admit these three chapters from the prophet are not filled with spiritual wisdom or life-changing advice. Yet, there are a couple of lessons. Here is one:

My God is a god of order. He is concerned with even the smallest details of our lives. Remember him knowing the hairs on our heads? (for some of us this is a pretty easy task!) 

Don't be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell. What is the price of two sparrows - one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without our father knowing it. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows." (Matthew 10:28-31)

There are countless stories in the Bible that God considers even the tiniest detail. I am so thankful for a God who cares so much for us that he cares about an 8 3/4 foot opening, and walls 10 1/2 feet thick. He cares about ME infinitely more than the dimensions of a building, even if the building is the Temple! He has planned my entire life to the hour, minute, and second. His plans are perfect and when we try to come up with our own plan, he is greatly saddened. He knows the outcome and even if we think we have done fairly well, we are STILL missing out on HIS wonderful blessings. 

Please forgive me for ignoring your perfect plan. Please forgive me for thinking I know better. Fill me with your Spirit Lord so that I will follow YOUR plan. Amen!



Comments