Jesus Wept!


 I am so saddened by the events taking place in Israel. I am sure Jesus is weeping just as he did in John 11:35. 

We can only speculate why Jesus was weeping in this verse. Scholars have debated it for centuries. Yet, I am confident that Jesus is mourning right now over the senseless deaths in the war over in Israel. Right now, Palestinians and Israelis are dying death void of Jesus Christ as their savior. YES, I support God's nation of Israel 100%, they have been attacked viciously and I believe they have a right to defend themselves and to make a stand against terrorism. But I also am greatly saddened by the innocents that are being killed and many of them are being killed without knowing Jesus as their savior. I am weeping and I am confident Jesus is weeping as well. 

Our pastor mentioned a radical thought about our prayers for the war that is going on in Israel. There is only one solution and that solution is Jesus Christ. Our prayers should be for this impossible solution. We know that in the end Israel will be saved. 

"And so all Israel will be saved, As the Scriptures say, 'The one who rescues will come from Jerusalem, and he will turn Israel away from ungodliness. And this is my covenant with them, that I will take away their sins.'" (Romans 11:26-27)

Zechariah 12:10 says, "Then I will pour out a spirit of grace and prayer on the family of David and on the people of Jerusalem. They will look on me whom they have pierced and mourn for him as for an only son. They will grieve bitterly for him as a firstborn son who has died."

In this world today we have Muslims turning to our Savior. I have seen it. I know it to be true. We also know that there are Jews who are finally realizing that their Messiah arrived on earth 2000 years ago and they missed it. IMPOSSIBLE? I also know that about 16% of the Palestinian people are followers of Jesus Christ. I have seen these people and I have talked with them. I have heard their hearts for the Lord. These brothers and sisters in the Lord are also caught in the middle of this battle. YES, JESUS IS WEEPING FOR THE MIDDLE EAST!

If there ever was a more urgent time to share the gospel, I am not sure when that would be. PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR ISRAEL, PRAY FOR THE INNOCENT PEOPLE IN GAZA, and PRAY THOSE WHO ARE FAR FROM GOD. PRAY THEY WILL ALL SEEK HIM! PRAY FOR THOSE IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOODS, YOUR COMMUNITY, YOUR NATION, AND THE WORLD. PRAY THEY WILL ALL COME TO JESUS! THE END IS QUICKLY APPROACHING!

Part of Ezekiel's visions dealt with the restoration of Israel and this nation turning back to the Lord. He gave instructions for rebuilding the Temple, but his instructions were more about restoring this nation to a right relationship with God. They were to learn about holiness, being set apart, and obedience to God. The need for those lessons is true today as well. The whole world needs to learn about holiness and obedience to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Jesus Christ. 



Comments