The End is Near! Ok, now what?


 We know the end is nearer today than it was yesterday! AND Jesus is coming back!

Other than that, we don't know much!


About 2500 years ago Daniel knew about as much as we do today about the end times. 

"I heard what he said, but I did not. understand what he meant. So I asked, "How will all this finally end, my Lord?" But he said, "Go now, Daniel, for what I have said is kept secret and sealed until the end. Many will be purified, cleansed, and refined by these trials. But the wicked will continue in their wickedness, and none of them will understand. Only those who are wise will know what it means. From the time the daily sacrifice is stopped and the sacrilegious object that causes desecration is set up to be worshipped, there will be 1,290 days. And blessed are those who wait and remain until the end of the 1,335 days. As for you, go your way until the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days, you will rise again to receive the inheritance set aside for you." (Daniel 12:8-13)

I don't want to sound arrogant aloof or unfaithful. But, in reality, I don't care to know when Jesus is coming back. What I need to know is that HE IS COMING BACK and my work is not done here on earth. As long as I am breathing, I have work to do for His kingdom. Every moment is precious. Yes, it is fun to read all the differing opinions about when these events are going to happen. Yes, I see the signs that we are nearing the end. All that does is heighten the sense of urgency. Yes, I wait in wonderful anticipation for his glorious coming. I live each day as if it is my last and so should YOU. I have family, friends, and an entire community that needs to know Jesus. Sitting around, wasting time wondering exactly when that will be is not my job! Really, what difference does it make if we know exactly when that is going to happen! If it is going to happen on December 31, 2024, does that mean I rest until then? Do I step up my game in the last two weeks? Do I start after Thanksgiving? NO, NO, NO, the time is now! The urgency is NOW. We cannot wait another moment. IF we have 60 days or 60 years, our calling is exactly the same:

GO INTO ALL THE WORLD AND MAKE DISCIPLES! 

Please, I plead with you. Today needs to be the day you turn your life to Jesus. Join the faithful believers who are waiting with joyous anticipation for the return of our Savior. WE DO NOT KNOW THE DAY OR THE HOUR:

"However, no one knows the day or the hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the father knows. And since you don't know when that time will come, be on guard! Stay alert!" (Matthew 13:32-33)

Live your life as if it is the last day. I want nothing more than for YOU to be with me in paradise. Give your life to Jesus, and prepare for his coming. BE ON GUARD! STAY ALERT!

Comments