Motorcycles are people too!



This is Red. Red is one of my best friends. Red has joined me on some amazing trips and is a constant help when I need "wind" therapy. Red has been put to bed for the winter and I will dream of the days we get to reunite again this spring!

Yes, my motorcycles have names. Before Red I had Indy, Vic, Harley, and Goldy! I know of other people that name their cars and other inanimate objects. It's more common than you think. 

As I was reading in Zechariah today I ran across something I never knew. Zechariah had two shepherd staffs and both of them had names.

"So I cared for the Flock intended for slaughter -- the flock that was oppressed. Then I took two shepherd's staffs and named one Favor and the other Union." (Zechariah 11:7)

"Then I took my staff called Favor and cut it in two, showing that I had revoked the covenant I had made with all the nations." (Zechariah 11:10)

"Then I took my other staff, Union, and cut it in two, showing that the bond of unity between Judah and Israel was broken." (Zechariah 11:14)

From what I understand it was very common for a shepherd to have two staffs. One was used for warding off danger and the other was used to help get the sheep together and out of difficult places. 

Jesus is our Good Shepherd and he also protects us from danger and keeps us from difficult places. Many times the sheep have no idea they were even in danger. Yep, we are the same way. We also do not give the Lord enough credit for his union and favor. I praise Him for his love, his grace, his mercy, his protection, and his guidance! 

Praise God!




 

Comments