Thanksgiving Rhoades Style

 


I know! I didn't get pictures from all the Thanksgiving activities at the Rhoades Household (@themeetingplace). It was chaos and I always forget to take picture. Really for us Thanksgiving started on Tuesday with Grandparents day with Rilynn, Elle, and Izyk. Then the Gilbert kids came to stay the night Tuesday. We have great fun! Ayla (Lindsae's oldest) came over to help Granny bake. She is in culinary arts at school and she is an absolutely amazing cook. She was so helpful and made homemade pie crust since the stores were out and she also made some other tasty treats. 

Thursday ALSO started early when Mckenzie brought over an extra roaster for this TWO TURKEY family!  With her she brought a bunch of grandkids/great grandkids. Man, they are busy and just constantly make me laugh. By the time eeveryone got here we at at about 5:30.

WE HAD EVERYONE HOME EXCEPT, Klayton, Keegan, Maverick, and Kelley. I think that ads up to 26 in our place on Turkey Day. 

We ate, played games, ate, watched football, ate talked about basketball coaching, ate, played with baby Lennie, ate, and ........... oh yeah, we ate some more!

I LOVE THANKSGIVING and the joy of having family come home. God has blessed Stephanie and I with a great, great family, and even though I was exhausted by Thursday night (Stephanie and I went to bed at 9pm, LOL), I would do it all over again!

As I finished up Zechariah today, while listening to Christmas music, I could not help but think about the future of this clan of people. My greatest desire is that they will join me in heaven upon the return of Jesus. We had quite the feast yesterday, but upon Jesus' return there will be a feast that no one can imagine. My goal is to help as many people as I can to join Jesus for eternity. 


HAPPY THANKSGIVING! NOW I better get busy with my Christmas Decorating. They don't call me Clark Griswold for nothing! LOL!

Comments