Have a GREAT Day!

 


I read the two short books 2 & 3 John this morning and it made me think of encouraging others. These two short little letters from John were to some unnamed woman (2 John) and Gaius, a friend of John. He starts both letters the same way:

"I am writing to the chosen lady and to her children, whom I love in the truth -- as does everyone else who knows the truth -- because the truth lives in us and will be with us forever. Grace, mercy, and peace which come from God the Father and from Jesus Christ -- the Son of the Father -- will continue to be with us who live in the truth and love. How happy I was to meet some of your children and find them living according to the truth just as the Father commanded." (2 John 1-4)

""This letter is from John, the elder. I am writing to Gaius, my dear friend, whom I love in the truth. Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit. Some of the traveling teachers recently returned and made me very happy by telling me about your faithfulness and that you are living according to the truth. I could have no greater joy than to hear that my children are following the truth." (3 John 1-4)

I have had two people on my mind for the last few weeks and I have spent quite a bit of time praying for them. But, for some reason Today, I thought, "I need to send them a message just to encourage them." So, I did! Today, it is so easy to send short messages encouraging people. I wonder why I don't do it more often. As a follower, I pray for many people as they come to my mind, my wife, my daughters, my grandkids, friends, etc. But I rarely send them a note JUST to encourage them.

Just like these short messages from John, it is so important to build up fellow believers. The world does so much to tear down the faithful. Just watching the news, and going through life's ups and downs, can drive anyone away from their faith. So, we should regularly send these encouragements to people. Let the Holy Spirit move and then OBEY!

As I have shared over the past few weeks, the message of Christmas is not about the physical gifts we give, it is about the people, loving others, devoting our lives to God, and living a life mimicking Jesus! Encouraging others would be a wonderful gift in a world of darkness and turmoil.

SO, HAVE A GREAT DAY! God loves you and he is ALWAYS with you!!!!!!!!!!!! 



Comments