Ask for help!


I am the worst person to give this advice.

I never ask for help. I always think I can do it myself. I hung much of the ceiling drywall in our ministry space, by myself, with the aid of a lift. I should have asked for help. When I need help to support this ministry financially, I rarely turn to others for help. There are so many examples of times in my life I needed someone to help me with a project, or help in my walk with Jesus, and I just did it on my own. AND now, as I read through the troubles of Judah, it is hard for me to be critical of them for NOT going to the Lord for help. 

"Judah's defenses have been stripped away You run to the armory for your weapons. You inspect the breaks in the walls of Jerusalem. You store up water in the lower pool. You survey the houses and tear some down for stone to strengthen the walls. Between the city walls, you build a reservoir for water from the old pool. But you never ask for help from the One who did all this. You never considered the one who planned this long ago." (Isaiah 22:8-11)

My stubbornness extends all the way to NOT asking the Lord for his help in times of trouble. AND you probably know this, MOST of my problems are "self-inflicted!" That certainly was the case for Judah. They worshipped other gods. They had abandoned the one true God and now they were in trouble. They never thought once about repenting of their sins and turning to the Lord. They refused to swallow their pride and admit they needed the LORD's help!

Are you struggling with financial problems, family relationship problems, work issues, faith issues, or health issues like cancer? Turn to the one that can help you. Some of these issues might be your own doing, but that is no excuse for leaving the Lord out of your troubles. Don't give up hope as Judah did --

"But instead, you dance and play; you slaughter cattle and kill sheep. You feast on meat and drink wine. You say, "Let's feat and rink, for tomorrow we die!" (Isaiah 22:13)

Had the nation of Israel repented at that moment, instead of giving up hope, if they had turned to the Lord for his help, history would be completely different. But, alas, they did not. PLEASE do not hesitate to go to the Lord. EVEN IF YOU HAVE NEVER TURNED TO HIM BEFORE! He is anxiously awaiting your plea. He is ready to jump into action to save you!

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day." (Palm 46:1-5)

Turn to the Lord, YOUR ever-present help in times of trouble. 






Comments