Bring your strongest arguments!

 

God has been a part of me for my entire life. So, to understand an argument against God is foreign to me. I have tried to understand the arguments against the existence of God. I have tried to understand the idea of a different God than the God I have personally experienced for nearly 64 years of life. I just can't. If it would not have been for my personal life experiences maybe I would have some doubts, but I don't. I have read the basics of the Muslim faith. I have tried to understand Budhism and Hinduism. I just can't reconcile them to what I have seen and heard. Even some debates within the Christian faith are a bit odd to me. 

When I read Isaiah 40 and 41 today I kind of had to chuckle:

"'Present the case for your idols,' says the Lord. 'Let them show what they can do,' says the King of Israel. 'Let them try to tell us what happened long ago so that we may consider the evidence. Or let them tell us what the future holds, so we can know what's going to happen. Yes, tell us what will occur in the days ahead. Then we will know you are gods. In fact -- do anything good or bad! Do something that will amaze and frighten us. But, no! You are less than nothing and can do nothing at all. Those who choose you pollute themselves." (Isaiah 41:21-24)

It seems like Christianity is always on trial. For two thousand years people have challenged God and Jesus. There is such overwhelming evidence. Yet, if God does not open up your eyes, you will never see it! You who oppose the Lord are blind to the truth. No one has the power to change the proof about what God has done in my life. I feel like I have heard the strongest arguments against God. The proof of Jesus' life, his death, his resurrection are also dramatically overwhelming. One of the things I strongly recommend for those who have doubts, who are unsure. Give the Lord Jesus Christ and chance. Seek him and you will find him. Read his word. Pray to him. I PROMISE you will find the truth. 

It's Easter weekend. The week that we celebrate the proof of what Jesus did for us. The sacrifice he made so that we may live with him in eternity is the most significant event in human history. I am greatly saddened by all the people that live without Jesus in their lives. Can you argue against him? No chance:

"'To whom will you compare me? Who is my equal?' says the Holy One. Look up into the heavens. Who created the stars? He brings them out like an army, one after another, calling each by its name. Because of his great power and incomparable strength, not a single one is missing." (Isaiah 40:25,26)

"Listen in silence before me, you lands beyond the sea. Bring your strongest arguments. Come now and speak. The court is ready for your case." (Isaiah 41:1)


Comments