Get a good laugh!


 

I love a good laugh. That might be part of the reason I love to post "funnies" on social media. Sometimes this world takes itself way too seriously. I truly believe everyone needs a good laugh each day to help relieve the tension of work, school, relationships,  or financial problems. So, if I can post a dumb joke each day to help in a little way to lighten the day, I am all for it!

As I was reading Psalm 2 today, I was reminded we serve a God who knows how to laugh. 

"Why are the nations so angry? Why do they waste their time with futile plans? The kings of the earth prepare for battle; the rulers plot together against the Lord and against his anointed one. 'Let us break their chains,' they cry, and free ourselves from slavery to God.' But the one who rules in heaven laughs. The Lord scoffs at them." (Psalm 2:1-4)

It does seem like there is so much anger in the world. Why? So much of that anger gets focused on US the followers of Jesus Christ. We have been blamed for wars, civil unrest, and strife in nearly every corner of the globe. I see so many of my Christian brothers and sisters join in the stress and anger. They rage at the sins of this world. Maybe we should take a page out of God's playbook. Maybe instead of joining the anger or bowing to the stress of this fallen world. Maybe we should just laugh!

The world plots against God. They join together against the Lord Jesus Christ. God is not just rejected and ignored around the world, he is despised and attacked. Yet, God does not panic. He does not pace back and forth in the halls of his heavenly home. He laughs. 

There is nothing that surprises God. There is nothing too much for him to handle. He has sealed the final outcome of this planet and all that come to Him get to reap the rewards in His Kingdom. I love worshipping a God who can face this world with laughter. I love that he created us in his image and one of my precious thoughts of the Lord is him laughing! I praise the Lord for the joy of serving him and I praise him with a smile on my face and a chuckle in my heart!



Comments