God's Highway!

 

Stephanie and I have taken quite a few backroad highways in the past. We have loved traveling the country. Traveling by Interstate is fast, and when you are in a hurry to enjoy a week in Florida, the Interstate is a must. But when we leave the interstate and head across south Alabama into the panhandle of Florida, there are no interstates. We found this gem of a road, State Road 81. Very little traffic, well maintained, and we made great time! It was such a pleasure to travel. I can't think of keeping a road like this a secret. I want all of my family and friends to experience the same trip we had. That is the same with my life in Christ. I want everyone to travel down this great highway of life in the Lord!

I was reading Isaiah 35 this morning and loved these verses:

"And a great road will go through that once deserted land. It will be named the Highway of Holiness. Evil-minded people will never travel on it. It will be only for those who walk in God's ways; Fools will never walk there. Lions will not lurk along its course, nor any other ferocious beasts. There will be no other dangers. Only the redeemed will walk on it. Those who have been ransomed by the Lord will return. They will enter Jerusalem singing, crowned with everlasting joy. Sorrow and mourning will disappear, and they will be filled with joy and gladness." (Isaiah 35:8-10)

As I sit here looking at a beautiful Florida sunrise, in the peace and quiet, (no one else is up yet!) I can take some time to reflect on the joy of the Lord. I love the path, the road, he has put us on. There may have been a few construction zones, and there might have been a couple of rough spots, but God is with us. I am often saddened by those who don't know the Lord. They have no idea the great adventures they are missing. Those who don't travel the Highway of Holiness are missing the beautiful scenery. They are missing the peace and the protection, the smooth ride and the wonderful destination in eternity. A Florida sunrise, warmth and fun on the beach, time with your family, and memories that are made are nothing compared to what is waiting for us in eternity! 

Please, Lord, help me direct others to follow your ways. Help me to spread the word about the Highway of Holiness. I love you and praise this wonderful life! Amen!


Comments

  1. Good thoughts, Steve. Always appreciate your perspective. Tom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment