His words!

I get to preach this week. I love preaching and sharing the word of God. Yes, it is stressful at times, and I am constantly searching for the right words to say. I spend hours upon hours praying and critically thinking about what message God wants me to share. I have known about this message for several weeks, and here it is the Monday before, and I am still at work, especially praying about the conclusion. I have such an amazing respect for pastors who prepare a message from the Lord every single week. Pastors take very seriously the presentation of God's word. They can't complete this task without the power of the Holy Spirit.

Today I was reading Jeremiah chapter 1. In this chapter, Jeremiah receives his call from the Lord. He is living among God's people in the Southern Kingdom of Judah. They have neglected the Lord. They are worshipping idols and forsaking God's commands. Here is the message the Lord gave Jeremiah:

"'I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born, I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.' 'O Sovereign Lord,' I said, ' I can't speak for you! I'm too young!' The Lord replied, 'Don't say, 'I'm too young,' for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you. And don't be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you. I, the Lord, have spoken!' Then the Lord reached out and touched my mouth and said, 'Look, I have put my words in your mouth!'" (Jeremiah 1:1-9)

Each time I have the opportunity to preach, I feel so inadequate. Although I am not too young, LOL! Like Jeremiah, I feel so unqualified to share God's word. So many greats have come before me, sharing God's word. My dad heads my list. Yet, God has chosen me for this honor, and I am in awe that he believes I am the right choice to share his word this week. I feel so blessed to be able to speak about his grace, his mercy, and his love. They will not be my words; they will be directly from the Lord, and I give all honor and glory to God because he has placed HIS words in my mouth!

I would love to have you come to County Line (7716 N County Line Rd E, Auburn, IN 46706) to hear what God has chosen to say through me. Services are Thursday Night at 7pm and Sunday morning at 9:30am and 11:00am. To God be the glory!

 


Comments