Not Yet, Please Lord, not yet!

 


I spend a lot of time at the doctor. This week I had a virtual visit with my endocrinologist. I had an appointment with my cardiologist. I scheduled a wellness check with my family physician. I will be doing for some lab work, a treadmill test, and an ultrasound of my lower legs. NO, I do not have any big medical issues. I feel fine. Most of this is just precautionary stuff. The older I get these doctor visits get to be the new normal. 

I am not dying today. (as far as I know! LOL!) As I was reading the book of Zephaniah today, hearing about the terrible day of the Lord. I kept thinking NO YET, Lord, Please not yet!

"That terrible day of the Lord is near. Swiftly it comes -- a day of bitter tears, a day when even strong men cry out. I will be a day when the Lord's anger is poured out -- a day of terrible distress and anguish, a day of ruin and desolation, a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and blackness, a day of trumpet calls and battle cries. Down go the walled cities and the strongest battlements!" (Zephaniah 1:14-16)

I am not ready for this. Oh, I am personally ready, but I have family, friends, neighbors, community members, who are NOT ready for that terrible day. It will be a glorious day for us, the followers of Jesus. We often say, "Come Lord Jesus!" and I have to admit, there are days I really wish Jesus would come back right then. But, when I think about those that don't know him, I beg NOT YET!

A few days ago I blogged about God's slowness and he wishes all to come to him. Yes, God has the same thoughts as me. His time is not yet. Just like Jesus, when he was on this earth, had an appointed time for his work to be done. Our time has not yet come. The work of Jesus is not. yet done. Here is what Zephaniah said a few verses later:

"Gather together -- yes, gather together, you shaneless nation. Gather before judgment begins, before yoru time to repent is blown away like chaff. Act now, before the fiery fury of the Lord falls and the terrible day of the Lord's anger begins. Seek the Lord, all who are humble, and follow his commands. Seek to do what is right and to live humbly. Perhaps even yet the Lord will protect you -- protect you from his anger on that day of destruction." (Zephaniah 2: 1-3)

Now is the time, if you have not humbled yourself before the Lord. Seek him! Follow his commands and the Lord will protect you. THE TIME IS NEAR!

No yet, Lord, Please Lord, not yet!



Comments