Are you afraid to speak up?

 


I had a lovely weekend. The weather was great and I FINALLY got out on the Indian! It felt so good to be out in the wind for some "wind therapy." We had our annual CMA fundraiser called Run for the Son. In this annual event we celebrate what God has done in our ministry throughout the year by supporting our ministry partners financially. We raised over $5 million last year for Missionary Ventures, Global Outreach (formerly Open Doors), and the Jesus Film Project. These partners are so active around the world directly sharing the gospel message. Stephanie and I are privileged to have our ministry as a part of Missionary Ventures. 

I love working with ministries that are bold in sharing the gospel. CMA takes the gospel straight to bikers around the country. For the past 15 years, they have been my teachers. They taught me not to be afraid to go and BOLDLY proclaim the gospel. I hope that all CMA'ers will catch that message!

Are ALL of us called to boldly proclaim the Gospel of Jesus? I know some would say, "I could never do that!" They would say, "I could never go up to a biker and ask if they need prayer." Or, "I could never go up and share a Bible, Rag tract with someone to open a conversation about Jesus, that's just not me!" There is no disclaimer on the Great Commission. WE ARE ALL CALLED TO PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL!

The older I get, the more bold I get. The older I get and the longer I live, walking with Jesus, the less afraid I am of ridicule and embarassment. I hope all my Christian brothers and sisters get to the place in their walk with the Lord that they are more embarrassed NOT to share than they are about sharing!

Listen to the thoughts of Jeremiah:

"O Lord, you misled me, and I allowed myself to be misled. You are stronger than I am, and you overpowered me. Now I am mocked every day; everyone laughs at me. When I speak, the words burst out. "Violence and destruction!" I shout. So these messages from the Lord have made me a household joke. But if I say I'll never mention the Lord or speak in his name, his word burns in my heart like a fire. It's like a fire in my bones! I am worn out trying to hold it in! I can't do it!" (Jeremiah 20:7-9)

Are you OVERPOWERED by the Gospel message? I want all of you to be like Jeremiah. I want you to feel that there is NO WAY you can keep quiet about the Lord. Even if you were to try, the words would burst out from inside your soul!  I want the gospel to burn like a fire in your bones! I want you to feel there is NO WAY YOU CAN HOLD IT IN!

We do not have to fear reprisal for being bold with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Jeremiah was attacked. He was ridiculed by friends and fellow countrymen. Listen to what he wrote:

"But the Lord stands beside me like a great warrior. Before him my persecutors will stumble. They cannot defeat me. They will fail and be thoroughly humiliated. Their dishonor will never be forgotten." (Jeremiah 20:11)

PLEASE, Go out in boldness to proclaim the good news. You have nothing to fear except the lost soul who might be doomed to eternity separated from God. Go out and boldly proclaim the Gospel. ALL OF US ARE CALLED TO GO INTO ALL THE WORLD and proclaim the gospel, making disciples, and baptizing in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. AMEN!

DO NOT BE AFRAID. 

"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Sone and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:19)


Comments