All we need to do is...

 


I feel for people who are lonely and feel abandoned. They try to move forward but really feel like no one cares. There are times when people feel the weight of the world is pressing down upon them. I have to admit I have only had those feelings a couple of times in my 64 years of life. Some have experienced those feelings of abandonment twice in the past couple of months, let alone in a lifetime. 

God will not ever abandon us. So why is it that so many people feel abandoned or they feel they are all on their own tackling life's real. Single mom's feel abandoned. Drug addicts feel they are all alone. Abused people feel like they are abandoned. Divorced, Homeless people feel all alone and that no one cares 

Feeling abandoned?

As I was reading the last few chapters in Jeremiah today, I could not help but feel the hopelessness and abandoned, but in the middle of this misery and loss, I read this:

"For the Lord of Heaven's Armies has not abandoned Israel and Judah. He is still their God, even though their land was filled with sin against the Holy One of Israel." (Jeremiah 51:5)

The book of Hebrews says the exact same thing:

"Don't love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God said, 'I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.' So we can say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?'" (Hebrews 13:5,6)

When we get those times of abandonment and when we get the feeling we are all alone, it is not true. Regardless of what Satan implies, God has left, and he is never coming back. The Bible is a perfect example. Most of the time, the people abandon God, and he then needs to change what he/she is doing. Satan wants to convince us that we have been left alone, that there is no help on the way, and that we might as well give up. HE IS WRONG! But, we have to access the Father, His Son, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will NEVER abandon. All we need to do to access ALL that power is to seek the Lord. 

All we need to do is seek the Lord! All we need to do is reach out in prayer. All we need to do it spend genuine time of prayer and worship. As we do this and pray continually about the little things in our day, God is with us and is working behind the scenes.

God is good all the time because he does not EVER abandon us!

Comments