Dear God, I like the NEW me!

 


I know that sounds a bit arrogant, doesn't it? 

Do you feel like God has transformed you? Has your life been changed by Jesus? 

For me, it is a bit different than many. I gave my life to Jesus as a 12 year old boy at church camp. I remember that Thursday night like it was yesterday. But, I am the poster child for the process of sanctification. My life change has been a process of nearly 52 years and there have been many times in my life that I acted like I was NOT a follower of Jesus. God has been working on me throughout that entire time. Jesus would fix my broken parts. Then I would break them again. He would fix them and I would break something else, and the cycle has continued throughout my life. Now that I can look back (that's what happens when you get old!) I can see progress and I like who I am right now more than ever before. 

These verses in Ezekiel made me think about my NEW LIFE in Christ:

Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. Your filth will be washed away, and you will no longer worship idols. And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart. And I will put my Spirit in you so that you will follow my decrees and be careful to obey my regulations." (Ezekiel 36:25-27)

God has given me a new heart many years ago. He washed away my filth, but just like a baby who is given new life, it has taken years for my new heart to mature. My faith has grown, and my heart has grown stronger. I have been and continue to be transformed. I love the NEW me and I praise God that I am not who I was. I praise God that I am made new!

"Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day." (2 Corinthians 4:16)

Is your spirit being renewed every day? Are you a better version of you today than you were yesterday? Do you like who you are, how you live, how you treat people? I think there are even some Christians who don't believe that Jesus has made a difference in their life. Is that because of Jesus, or is it because of you? I am confident that if you release your life, all your life, to him, he will change you and you will be amazed at the NEW YOU! Jesus can create a new heart in you. He can transform your life, and the old you will pass away. The new you will grow and mature in Christ! We are alive in Jesus Christ!








Comments