Pay close attention! SEEK ANSWERS!


 Good afternoon! Yes, I am late getting my blog done today! I was really struggling with the text I was reading today. (Ezekiel 40-42) So many people use this in combination with Danie, the book of Revelation and many other bible references to claim this chapter talks about rebuilding the third temple. I just can't make the connections. 

Ezekiel is taken on a tour, a vision, and meets a man who says this:

"He said to me [Ezekiel] "Son of man, watch and listen. Pay close attention to everything I show you. You have been brought here so I can show you many things. Then you will return to the people of Israel and tell them everything you have seen." (Ezekiel 40:4)

First, I want to state, I AM NOT AN EXPERT in this area of Biblical studies. So, I have a whole lot more questions than answers. ALSO, if this is not the newly rebuilt temple some claim will occur before Jesus' coming again, I am not clear on the purpose of this vision. 

For this to be a new temple here on earth there are more assumptions that have to be made to build a theology around it. First, there will be places for making sacrifices:

"On each side of this entry room were two tables, where the sacrificial animals were slaughtered for the burnt offerings, sin offerings, and guilt offerings." (Ezekiel 40:39)

Many claim sacrifices will once again be offered at the Temple. Didn't Jesus die for us as a complete and final atonement for our sins? God is involved with this happening, even though he sent His Son as the final sacrifice? That just doesn't make sense to me. 

Second, After Jesus death and ripping of the veil in the Temple, WE are referred to as the Temple. Why do we need a new temple built if we are that Temple?

"Don't you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you? God will destroy anyone who destroys this temple. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple." 1 Corinthians 3:16,17)

Third, Why are we rebuilding a Temple here on earth when even HEAVEN itself will not have a Temple BUILDING? Here is John's vision of Heaven:

"I saw no temple in the city, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple." Revelation (21:22)

So, I am doing exactly what Ezekiel was told to do. I am paying close attention to the WORD of GOD. There are so many people that are anxious to add theories without support while they read the Word of God. I just refuse to do that. I cannot find any Biblical support for the rebuilding of the THIRD temple before Jesus Christ returns. I also just can't support a theory that doesn't stick closely to scripture. 

BUT, I love it. I love digging deeper into the Word of God. I love reading closely and I strongly recommend it. Ask questions, SEEK ANSWERS! I think there is nothing that pleases the Lord more than when his people seek him through studying His word! 




Comments