God said it.....I believe it!

 


I am getting ready to leave to support a "Biker" cause. I gave my word to a man that I would be there to support the efforts to raise money for his friend who is going through a battle with cancer. The man I promised is not a follower of Jesus. As a matter of fact, I would say he is hostile toward Christians. I have made it my mission over the past month to make sure my Christian Biker family knows about this event and will show up to support this cause. Besides being a good cause, it is important to make a statement that I follow-up on my commitments.

There is nothing more important to me than people following through with their commitments. I don't care if you are a pastor, teacher, prophet, politician, businessman, or the man on the street. If you make a commitment, follow through.

God sets the perfect example of what it means to follow through the things he commits to. I started reading the short book of Ezra this morning and realized chapter 1 is the culmination of God's commitment to the nation of Israel. Because of their sins, they were punished and sent into exile. God said it would last 70 years and even though the people did not change their ways, God kept his word. At the end of the seventy years, he used a PAGAN king to free Israel and send them back to Jerusalem:

"In the first year of King Cyrus of Persia, the Lord fulfilled the prophecy he had given through Jeremiah. He stirred the heart of Cyrus to put his proclamation in writing and to send it throughout the kingdom....

Then God stirred the hearts of the priests and Levites and the leaders of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin to go to Jerusalem to rebuild the Temple of the Lord and all the neighbors assisted by giving them articles of silver and gold, supplies for the journey, and livestock. They gave them many valuable gifts in addition to all the voluntary offerings." (Ezra 1:1,5-6)

God is a god of promises and his words are true. He is faithful and we can count on him. I have seen a vision from God about starting "the meeting place." This vision came as clear as the sun in the sky. We came to Bluffton to start a ministry and now that ministry continues to make disciples who make disciples. God has been faithful to me. He was faithful to Israel and he will be faithful to you. TRUST IN HIM!

"If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny who he is." (2 Timothy 2:9)

"The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, "The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!"" (Lamentations 3:22-24)

"The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment." (2 Peter 3:9-10)

God keeps his promises. This earth will pass away and those who don't commit to Jesus will also pass away. This is the scariest promise of all for those that do not believe upon him. Please do not let that happen. Join the Kingdom and eternity by submitting to him. The end is coming and that is a promise he will certainly keep!


Comments