I am changed!


 Have you ever stopped to look back at your life and realized how much you have changed? I was sharing the story of Solomon with a discipleship group on Monday and we talked about Solomon's wonderful request for wisdom and understanding. God granted him his request and gave him so much more than that. Solomon was so wise and helped so many people through his wisdom. But, as his life progressed, he drifted further from God and he changed. Fortunately for me, I am the reverse of Solomon. My relationship with the Lord was very superficial for the bulk of my life. As life progressed for me, my desire to seek God increased more and more. I am amazed at the transformation from a "success-driven" man to a "Christ-driven" man. It has been amazing the work God has done in my life. 

I was reading Ezekiel 47 today and reflecting on the vision this prophet had about the land of Israel.

"He asked me, "Have you been watching, son of man?" Then he led me back along the riverbank. When I returned, I was surprised by the sight of many trees growing on both sides of the river. Then he said to me, "This river flows east through the desert into the valley of the Dead Sea. The waters of this stream will make the salty waters of the Dead Sea fresh and pure. There will be swarms of living things wherever the water of this river flows. Fish will abound in the Dead Sea, for its waters will become fresh. Life will flourish wherever this water flows." (Ezekiel 47:60-9)

I have been to the Dead Sea and I can tell you this would be a mighty transformation. There is nothing growing around this salty body of water. There is nothing alive IN it. The land surrounding the Dead Sea is DEAD. Yet, this river, which originated in the New Temple came straight from God, and his life-giving water transformed the land and the sea in a miraculous way. Aren't we the same way.

Once we receive the life-giving water of Jesus Christ we are also transformed in miraculous ways. Life springs forth in our lives and that spills over to those who surround us. Jesus told the woman at the well:

"If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water." (John 4:10)

Jesus is my source of life. I have never felt more alive than right now, as a 64-year-old man. I have been changed. I have been transformed and even at this late date in my life, I feel God is still doing a work in me and more is to come. I cannot recommend strongly enough, if you are not satisfied where you are in life, if your troubles and daily trials are weighing you down, if they are sucking the life out of you, turn to the life-giving water of Jesus Christ. I am changed and you can be changed too!

If you need help on your walk, contact me. Text me, contact me on Facebook Messenger, or you can reach me in the comments below. I will help you become a disciple of Jesus Christ and then you will see his wonderful power transform you, right before your very eyes. 

Facebook Link

Text, Call - 260-553-0735 (please leave a message or text with your name and contact information and I will promptly respond to your text or return your call.)

OR post a comment below.



Comments