I want to be an Influencer!

 


I had this idea a few months ago to change the format of this blog to a vlog - video blog. I thought about doing a daily video talking about scripture and then invite guests to join me once a week. I still have this in the back of my mind but haven't really acted on it. In the process of thinking about this venture I came upon a term I was not familiar with. The reason I was not familiar with it is because I am OLD! LOL! The term is "Influencer." As I soon discovered there are these obscure people who have gained quite a following on social media that receive that tag, "influencer." They influence fashion, politics, faith, and a number of other mainstream topics. One of my favorite "influencers" is Trent Tribe. Follow him on Social Media. The man is full of wisdom from above. I enjoy his daily spots!

As I was reading the Daniel chapter 5 and 6 this morning, it struck me that DANIEL was an ancient INFLUENCER. He was an obscure guy living in exile among people that worshipped and lived differently. Yet, he was never influenced by their pagan beliefs and held strongly to his own. He developed a reputation and even influenced multiple kings. I love that he never wavered in his beliefs and convictions. IF he was asked to share he always spoke as a messenger of God. As he talked to King Nebuchadnezzar's replacement, Belshazzar, he was honest and frank. 

"You have proudly defied the Lord of heaven and have had these cups from his Temple brought before you. You and your nobles and your wives and concubines have been drinking wine from them while praising gods of silver, gold, bronze, iron, wood, and stone -- gds that neither see nor hear nor know anything at all. But you have not honored the God who gives you the breath of life and controls your destiny! So God has sent his hand to write this message: MENE, MENE, TEKEL, AND Parsin." (Daniel 5:23-25)

Daniel goes on to prophecy the Kings demise and that very night he was killed. Darius the Mede took over. With the INFLUENCE of Daniel the king was changed.

Who are you influencing today? What is the result of your influence? God has called us ALL to be influencers. We are to transform the people around us, not through our own power and abilities, but through the powerful hand of God. Our goal is to introduce them to the KING OF KINGS and to help them grow in their knowledge and love of God! We are to be just like Daniel. We need to be INFLUENCERS! You might not be called to be a Social Media Influencer or earn millions of followers. You are called to influence others to gain eternal life. That is much more valuable than gaining a social media following!

Please share comments. Share this blog with others. Help me spread the gospel message around the world! HAVE A GREAT DAY!


"Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity." (1 Timothy 4:12)



Comments