Even the cooking pots!

 


I have a cross hanging from my motorcycle that I made a few years ago. I made it to identify my motorcycle as God's. At that time I made a pledge to use that machine for God's glory. It is no secret that I love riding motorcycles. I love the peace it gives, the "wind therapy" I get when out on a ride. Yet, in all reality, everything I have belongs to the Lord. When we retired five years ago, we sold or got rid of everything we owned except the basics. I remember getting rid of 8 large garbage bags full of clothing. 

While I was reading from Zechariah 14 today, I got a little bit of a chuckle with these verses:

"On that day even the harness bells of the horses will be inscribed with these words: HOLY TO THE LORD. And the cooking pots in the Temple of the Lord will be as sacred as the basins used beside the altar. In fact, every cooking pot in Jerusalem and Judah will be holy to the Lord of Heavens Armies. All who come to sorhip will be free to use any of these pots to boil their sacrifices. And on that day there will no longer be traders in the Temple of the Lord of Heaven's Armies." (Zechariah 14:20-21)

I haven't dedicated any cooking pots to the Lord, yet. (LOL)But, I do agree with the point being made that all I have belongs to God. I own nothing. I may possess it, but God still owns it and he has given me the authority to use it for his glory. 

I am so blessed. God has provided me with more than what I truly need, much more. He deserves the glory and honor and praise for who I am and all that I want to be. The clothing on my back, the furniture in my house, the motorcycle I ride, the truck we own, and YES, the pots and pans I have in the cupboards belong to him. They are all HOLY TO THE LORD!


Comments