My greatest Fear: Friends and Family die without Jesus!

 


My greatest fear in life is that my family and friends will die without Jesus. I know this is not popular to say, but not everyone who dies goes to heaven. The Bible is very specific about what happens if we do not believe:

"For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish by have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God's one and only Son." (John 3:16-18)

"I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)

So, when my family and friends reject Jesus, don't obey him, I mourn deeply for them. When Stephanie and I pray each morning we pray that our kids, our grandkids, and those we meet each day, will grow a deep loving relationship with Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

These thoughts came to mind as I was reading in the book of Esther today. Mordecai had just received the news that Haman was going to annihilate the Jews. He mourned deeply for his friends and family:

"When Mordecai learned about all that had been done, he tore his clothes, put on burlap and ashes, and went out into the city, crying with a loud and bitter wail." (Esther 4:1)

I really don't just mourn death. Death in Jesus is victory! But, I definitely mourn like Mordecai when my family and friends die that final death without Jesus. That is why I am in ministry. 

I really should don burlap, cover my head in ashes, and fast for my family and friends. That is the ultimate posture of mourning. But, I have not given up hope. 

The time for mourning is not yet. 

My goal, my hearts desire, is for everyone to know Jesus and to live the life he has planned for each of us. Yes, I also want to see you in Heaven and live with you in eternity. If I didn't tell my family and friends about Jesus, it would be like me killing you myself! I need to make sure each of these dear people, have the clear message that we will only live in eternity if we profess Jesus as Lord right now!

I don't have a huge following on this blog. It is more just me journaling my devotional thoughts. BUT, if you DO read this and DON'T KNOW JESUS, NOW IS THE TIME. Confess to Jesus through prayer that you have sinned, that you are repentant of your sins. Believe that Jesus died on the cross to forgive you of your sins, past, present, and future. Pray to him to be Lord of your life. Ask him to fill you with his Spirit, so that you can be the person he designed you to be. Please, don't wait. Tomorrow is never promised. I want to see you in Eternity!





Comments