Small Beginnings!

 


The picture above was taken in September 2022. We were just beginning the work on "The Meeting Place." I had a vision from God in February of 2022 exactly what this place would look like and this was the result:



Two years and seven months after the original vision from the Lord, we are so busy with discipleship groups. We started small, and I guess you would say we are still small. But, God is at work. The foundations have been laid and we continue to build upon that foundation as the Lord directs us. 

I was reading in Zechariah today about his visions, and I love these verses:

"Then another message came to me from the Lord: "Zerubbabel is the one who laid the foundation of the Temple, and he will complete it. Then you will know that the Lord of Heaven's Armies has sent me. Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin, to see the plumb line in Zerubbabel's hand." (Zechariah 4:8-10)

I have to admit sometimes I want this ministry to be larger than it is, as if small ministries represent weak faith, and I know that is not true. I'm not sure I "despise the small beginnings." But this morning, as I was contemplating the impact of our ministry, I counted over 100 people who we have met with or have been hosted here at THE MEETING PLACE in 2024. Some of those are through small groups led by other churches, and some are led directly by us. Some meet outside this building, and some within these walls. But we did not go out and recruit them; God provided them through his mighty hand. 

God provided the vision; he provided the work, the workers, and the materials to get this ministry started. NOW, he supplies the people who seek to grow in their faith. All of these things are in his will and through his perfect timing.  I get a sense that God is still at work molding and transforming our ministry. I feel like the shape it has right now will be different in the year ahead. That is exciting and terrifying all at the same time.

Please continue to pray for God's direction and that we are faithful to his calling as we move forward. I also loved this scripture from Zechariah:

"Then he said to me, "This is what the Lord says to Zerubbabel: It is not by force nor by strength, but by my Spirit, says, the Lord of Heaven's Armies. Nothing, not even a mighty mountain, will stand in Zerubbabel's way; it will become a level plain before him! And when Zerubbabel sets the final stone of the Temple in place, the people will shout: "May God bless it! May God bless it!" (Zechariah 4:6-7)

Yes, THE MEETING PLACE is God's. It will not be built through my power or might. It is not built with force or strength but by the Spirit of the Lord. Nothing, not even a mighty mountain, will stand in the way. All obstacles will be removed, and when the final stone has been laid, we will shout, "May God bless it! May God bless it!"



Comments