Life is not about ME, even today!
Today is my birthday.
I don't think much of celebrating birthdays. It has always just been another day and with social media. I spend much of the day thanking people for birthday wishes. I am thankful the Lord has given me such wonderful people in my past and present that take the time to wish me a happy birthday. I feel it is my responsibility to personally thank them, even if it is just on social media. Beyond the social media "celebration" I really don't do much. Tonight I will get home, take a nap, eat dinner and some ICE CREAM, watch the Yankee game, work on a sermon, and go to bed. It will be a BORING NIGHT and I am thankful for that. I often tell people that when you get older boring is a GOOD THING! LOL! I am just not a birthday party guy. I love going to grandkids bday parties just because I love being with them. But with 22 grandkids or great grandkids it seems like every week there is a party.
Today I was reading the first couple of chapters of Esther. I both love and hate this book. I hat how Queen Vashti is treated. King Xerxes is all about PARTYING. He throws a 180 day long party for his cronies and then throws another 7 day party for the COMMON FOLK! But, make no mistake, these parties are all about the KING. He is proclaiming, LOOK AT ME! LOOK at HOW GREAT I AM! One of his plans was to parade Queen Vashti in front of the men gathered at this party and show her off like a classic car! I love that she refuses:
"On the seventh day of the feast, when King Xerxes was in high spirits because of the wine, he told the seven eunuchs who attended him -- Mehuman, Birth, Harbona, Bigtha, Abagtha, Zethar, and Carcas -- to bring Queen Vashti to him with the royal crown on her head. He wanted the nobles and all the other men to gaze on her beauty, for she was a beautiful woman. But when they conveyed the kings order to Queen Vashti, she refused to come. This made the king furious, and he burned with anger. He immediately consulted with his wise advisers, who knew all the Persian laws and customs, for he always asked their advice." (Esther 1:10-13, NLT)
I am so glad she refused to be paraded in front a DRUNK HUSBAND and a group of men who were more than likely in the same condition. She stood up for what she thought was right and it cost her everything.
One of the reasons I am not fond of BIRTHDAY PARTIES, I don't want to give even the hint that it is ALL ABOUT ME! I am just a speck of dust in the world filled with so many issues that are far more important than me. I think King Xerxes needs to learn that. Don't we all. Life is not about us, it is about JESUS, what he did for us, and how we can join him in eternity. LIFE IS NOT ABOUT ME, EVEN TODAY!
Heavenly Father, I praise you for this wonderful life you have given me. I praise you for the countless individuals who are a huge part of my life. But, my life is not about me. I gave up my life so that YOU might dwell inside me and that is the meaning of my life. I cannot praise you enough for the salvation I have by letting you come in a dwell inside of me. Thank you Lord! Life is not about me. It is all about you! Amen!
____________________________________________
If you haven't repented of your sin, accepted what Jesus did for you on the cross, dying for your sins, or if you have not committed your life to Jesus, TODAY could be that day. give your life to the Lord.
"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved." (Romans 10:9-10, ESV)
If you gave your life to Jesus today, text the word "faith" to (765)-896-4302 and we will follow up with material for you and join you in your walk of faith!

Comments
Post a Comment