Separation Anxiety!
We are babysitting a Golden Retriever, Max. Let me just say this. I love dogs and I hate dogs! It has been a while since we have had a dog on a regular basis and let me just say, they take a lot of time and attention. MAX IS EXHAUSTING AND he misses his family, even if it is just over night. I really believe he is suffering from SEPARATION ANXIETY. Two 65+ dog watchers are not good replacements for a family that plays with you and gives you a lot of attention. The only attention I give him is telling him NO! LOL!
I'm not sure Max has anything to do with what I was reading today.
I began exploring the book of Judges today and I was amazed at the failures found in the first couple of chapters. God had told Israel to drive out the people of the promised land. He had good reason to command them to do this. He knew how much these pagan nations would influence them. He knew they would compromise their beliefs. Instead of Israel influencing the people of Canaan, they would be influenced by the residents. The nation of Israel slowly melded into the local culture. They compromised their faith and left the Lord. They became PEOPLE OF THE WORLD.
Read John 17 --
"Now I am coming to you. I told them many things while I was with them in this world so they would be filled with my joy. I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. I'm not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. They do not belong to this world any more than I do. Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth. Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world." (John 17:13-18, NLT)
We do not BELONG TO THIS WORLD. This is not our home and maybe like Max, we suffer from a little separation anxiety. We long to be home with the Lord. The pain, the suffering, the hate, the evil, make me long for my REAL HOME, but I also know JESUS IS SENDING US TO THIS WORLD with a purpose and we will live out that purpose until the glorious day he does call us home. We can deal with the separation for a little while because Glory IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER.
Lord, I thank you for this life, the one I live today. I also long to be with you where all this evil, pain, and suffering is a thing of the past. I long for my real home. Until then I will serve you, Lord. I will live in this world, sharing your message of hope, while guarding my heart from being of this world. I cannot do that on my own. I pray your hand of blessing and protection on all that I say and do. Guard my heart, Lord! Amen!
____________________________________________
If you haven't repented of your sin, accepted what Jesus did for you on the cross, dying for your sins, or if you have not committed your life to Jesus, TODAY could be that day. give your life to the Lord.
"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved." (Romans 10:9-10, ESV)
If you gave your life to Jesus today, text the word "faith" to (765)-896-4302 and we will follow up with material for you and join you in your walk of faith!

Comments
Post a Comment