Thanks for Listening!
Just a few short months ago, between May and June, I spent a very specific time in prayer and fasting. I have done this same type of fasting for other things and every single time, God has responded in amazing ways. The prayer/fast of June was no different. God listens when his people turn to him with all sincerity, pleading with him. So today when I am re-reading the wonderful story of Esther I am reminded how powerful Fasting/Praying can be.
But, let me share something I have learned. You can't make this biblical tradition be about you. This is not meant to be a SELFISH, MANIPULATIVE way to get your way. Prayer/Fasting is meant to connect us with GOD'S WILL. In the story of Esther, this time of prayer and fasting was undertaken by the entire nation of Israel at the direction of Queen Esther.
If you don't know the story. Haman was an evil man and he hated the Jews because they refused to bow to him. So he came up with a plan to kill the entire nation. The plan was revealed to Queen Esther and she wanted to approach the King. But, it was illegal for her to approach the King unless summoned. If someone did that they would be killed. After what she heard about this evil plan, she knew there was no other choice but to approach the King. So this is what she said:
"Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: 'Go and gather together all the Jews of Susa and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. My maids and I will do the same. And then, though it is against the law, I will go in to see the king. If I must die, I must die.' So Mordecai went away and did everything as Esther had ordered him." (Esther 4:15-17, NLT)
The entire community was united in Prayer/Fasting. They were leaving their fate in the hands of God. If God wanted them to survive he would act. If not, Esther and the nation would die.
Prayer/Fasting are powerful tools to use in understanding the will of God. I have seen such clear answers to the times I have committed to seeking God's will through prayer and fasting.
God listens to his people. He hears our cries. He hears our sincerity. THANK YOU LORD FOR LISTENING!
I recommend that anyone truly interested in seeking God's will to do exactly as I have done. Don't come with a selfish heart. Come with a heart ready to accept whatever God decides.
Heavenly Father, I praise you for the answer to prayer. I praise you that you listen to our cries for help and guidance. I love you and humbly sit in your presence. Thank you Lord, for thinking about me. Amen!
____________________________________________
If you haven't repented of your sin, accepted what Jesus did for you on the cross, dying for your sins, or if you have not committed your life to Jesus, TODAY could be that day. give your life to the Lord.
"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved." (Romans 10:9-10, ESV)
If you gave your life to Jesus today, text the word "faith" to (765)-896-4302 and we will follow up with material for you and join you in your walk of faith!

Comments
Post a Comment