Are you PROUD of your SOCIAL MEDIA FEED?
Do you ever get tired of the ads on your social media feed? They really don't bother me that much. I know a lot of people that really get annoyed by them All social media monitors your posts and your searches and they try to tailer your feed based on your needs. So for me, I get bombarded with ads about how to improve your church, how to grow your congregation, new and improved bible studies, how to preach better, etc. If I could get on everyone's social media page I would learn a lot about what is important to them.
So, let me ask a question:
If you pastor asked to see your SOCIAL MEDIA FEED, would you be proud or embarrassed?
Your social media feed would tell me what you are SEARCHING for? This is how porn addictions begin and are perpetrated. Once you click on a site with even a hint of sexual content you are deluged with more and more. The only way to stop the feeds is to block them for an extended period of time to remove them from your history. Then if you constantly search for scriptures, apologetics, and things from above, those things will FLOOD YOUR FEED.
It all sounds so complicated. But, when I was reading Matthew chapter 4 today, I realized how really simple life is. We do not need to complicate ministry. We do not need to search for fulfillment anywhere else except Jesus:
"From then on Jesus began to preach, 'Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near.' (Matthew 4:17, NLT)
"Jesus called out to them, 'Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people! And they left their nets at once and followed him'" (Matthew 4:19-20)
I do not know what you are searching for, but I can tell you, you do not need much more than those simple verses written in Matthew's gospel. You are not going to find what you want in life on your social media feed. You are not going to find what you are looking for in entertainment, sports, hobbies, work, family, or even church. You are going to find what you are looking for through REPENTANCE, TURNING TO GOD, and SEEKING HIS KINGDOM. The gospel message is that simple. Stop searching the world for your fulfillment. SEEK GOD! SEEK AND YOU SHALL FIND! Knock and the Door will be opened!
Heavenly Father, Forgive me for filling my life with things of this world. Forgive me for searching the internet for fulfillment, social media for relationships, and seeking answers through technology. You alone are the answer to what we are all looking for. Help me to keep my message as simple as that message spoken by Jesus while he walked this earth. I praise you Lord for your patience, your joy, and your mercy, but most of all I praise you for the Love you so richly provide! AMEN!
____________________________________________
If you haven't repented of your sin, accepted what Jesus did for you on the cross, dying for your sins, or if you have not committed your life to Jesus, TODAY could be that day. give your life to the Lord.
"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved." (Romans 10:9-10, ESV)
If you gave your life to Jesus today, text the word "faith" to (765)-896-4302 and we will follow up with material for you and join you in your walk of faith!

Comments
Post a Comment