Doing! Doing! Doing! KNOWING!
The schedule has been pretty busy, once again. IT is about now I am thinking I need a break AND guess what? Yes, the vacation we have been waiting on is just a few weeks away. (I hope I make it!) I have been busy building and praying over the church BUDGET which is always a mental challenge. I have been working on trying to keep the FLOODING from re-occurring. I have been working on selling a property for the church and along with all those things you add the regular routine of staff MEETINGS, creative team MEETINGS, IC MEETINGS, sermon writing, baby dedications, baptisms, etc, etc, etc. I know that is the life I have been called to and I am certainly not complaining. I praise God each day and stand in amazement that he has placed me here serving him.
The GOOD NEWS, God is handling it all. I do not know how I could get through without his mighty right hand. Thank you Lord!
I was reading Matthew 25 today and thinking about my BUSYNESS. AND MY thoughts about DOING, DOING, DOING!
"But, while they were gone to buy oil, the bridegroom came. Then those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was locked. Later, when the other five bridesmaids returned, they stood outside calling, 'Lord! Lord! Open the door for us!' 'But he called back, 'Believe me, I don't know you!' 'So you, too, must keep watch! For you do not know the day or the hour of my return.'" (Matthew 25: 10-13, NLT)
This morning when I was reading this passage, I really got stuck on the phrase, "I DON'T KNOW YOU!" and I was thinking about the busy schedule I have right now. I really need to make sure I am not out busy searching for oil instead of spending time getting to know my Lord. Even as old as I am, even as much time as I spend in Scripture, I am still so inadequate when it comes to just spending time with the LORD. Spending time with no interruptions, no busy schedule with 100 places to be. Just SITTING WITH THE LORD, SITTING IN HIS PRESENCE. I need to spend more time KNOWING instead of DOING!
Heavenly Father, thanks for the reminder that all you really want is to be with me. Help me to stay focused on you and not the works of my hand. Help me to find time to just sit in your presence. You are so patient with me. You are so loving, gracious, merciful and kind. I know I do not deserve it, but you do it anyway. Amen!
____________________________________________
If you haven't repented of your sin, accepted what Jesus did for you on the cross, dying for your sins, or if you have not committed your life to Jesus, TODAY could be that day. give your life to the Lord.
"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved." (Romans 10:9-10, ESV)
If you gave your life to Jesus today, text the word "faith" to (765)-896-4302 and we will follow up with material for you and join you in your walk of faith!

Comments
Post a Comment