from PAIN to AI, what a week!
I can describe AI as an AMAZING MIRACLE of technology and a HORROR that threatens civilization.
Yep, I think that about sums it up.
I don't know a lot about AI, but I use it nearly every day. When I am writing sermons AI is the tool of choice for doing research. Research for me, used to be, reading boat loads of commentaries and books. I still do that, but I have found AI can put all of that together in a neat little package. But I also have to tell you to be CAUTIOUS about AI and relying on it for theology. I am very particular about what AI platform I use. They are not all created equal, and I recommend always verifying the information you receive. I have even gotten into an ARGUMENT with AI about homosexuality and the biblical response to it. (By the way, I won the argument. AI finally relented and even said I was right!)
Today I was reading Matthew 16 where the religious leaders came to demand a miraculous sign from heaven. Feeding the 5000, raising people from the dead, healing countless people of disease and casting out demons, weren't enough, I guess. Then this is what Jesus said;
"Only an evil, adulterous generation would demand a miraculous sign, but the only sign I will give them is the sign of the prophet Jonah." (Matthew 16:4, NLT)
The sign a Jonah was a more powerful sign than the religious leaders could understand. This cryptic sign was speaking of Jesus being crucified and buried for three days just like Jonah was buried for three days in the belly of a great fish. Just like Jonah survived, Jesus will survive. He will eventually overcome death and save us all. But these religious leaders were blinded by their desire to see a FREAK SHOW type of miracle. Jesus had given them so many amazing miracle, yet they still did not believe.
AI is both a curse and a miracle. Like most things on this planet, the sin that entered into our world in the Garden, affects even some of the most amazing advances. Something GOOD is quickly used for evil. We need to make sure we are skeptical of AI. Keep our guard up, but remember what people mean for bad, GOD CAN USE FOR GOOD!
Heavenly Father, please protect us from all the evil that lurks in our world. Protect us from ourselves as we grow more and more dependent upon technology. Help us to be reliant completely upon you instead of technology and the newness of AI. Give us wisdom and discernment as we face a world turned over to machines and artificial intelligence. Help us to rely upon the Creator of all things. Help us as a church stand for real relationship, real human interaction and things like LOVE, GRACE, and MERCY that cannot be copied by some computer program. Amen!

Comments
Post a Comment