How QUIET is your FAITH?

 


 In a couple of Sundays on September 20th, we will hold another baptism service at SMDCOG. Of course this Christian Act is a COMMAND. Being baptized is so important, not for the purpose of salvation but to PUBLICLY declare your faith in Jesus Christ. We have four people right now who want to make that PUBLIC PROFESSION of Faith. I am thrilled to join these four people in this powerful declaration. In order to be baptized, I require that I personally sit down and listen to the stories of how God has brought them to this place. That is the best part of BAPTISM. 

I was reading Matthew 10 today and read verse 32 and 33.

"Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven." (Matthew 10:32-33, NLT)

Do people KNOW you are a follower of Jesus? How do you do that? Are you intentionally professing your faith to your friends, neighbors, coworkers, family? I am afraid so many people life a life of QUIET FAITH! Romans 10 tells us:

"If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved." (Romans 10:9-10, NLT)

We are suppose to declare Jesus as our LORD. 

Is this a one time deal? Do we just repeat a prayer once and never have to repeat it again? I think that answer is obvious. NO, our lives need to be a continual pronouncement of Jesus as Lord of our lives. Our lives need to be filled with following the commands of Jesus. Do you even know what Jesus commanded? We are also called to LOVE OTHERS. Can people tell you are a follower of Jesus by how you treat others? 

Baptism is just a start to our walk of Faith. That declaration must be continuous. Our lives must be filled with the JOY OF OUR SALVATION, not just once, but for as long as we walk this earth, until JESUS comes again. 

Heavenly Father, I come to you today with a renewed mission, to constantly declare my faith in you. To seek ways and opportunities to let the world know you are my Lord and Savior. Please LORD give me strength, give me boldness, give me affirmation that I am doing your will today, tomorrow, and every day. I know I am weak, my faith only gains strength through you. Please Lord fill me with your Spirit and your strength. In your Holy Name, JESUS, I pray. Amen!

____________________________________________

If you haven't repented of your sin, accepted what Jesus did for you on the cross, dying for your sins, or if you have not committed your life to Jesus, TODAY could be that day. give your life to the Lord. 

"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved." (Romans 10:9-10, ESV)

If you gave your life to Jesus today, text the word "faith" to (765)-896-4302 and we will follow up with material for you and join you in your walk of faith!


Comments