It STARTS with GOD!

 


I was watching a podcast of a debate between a very knowledgeable atheist and a christian. The debate was centered around the BIBLE. It was a non-winnable debate for the CHRISTIAN because the claims by the atheist were so extreme. He claimed scripture was nothing more than a collection of fairy tales and far out stories that are not different than Hansel and Gretel. He ranted for nearly 10 minutes really saying the same thing over and over again. But, he proved nothing. The Christian debater was really stumped and that saddened me. Sometimes it is harder to speak the truth than rant some incoherent lies about our faith. I love God's word. I love it's impact on my life. I feel each moment as if I am there within the pages of scripture and I love that these stories are not about some far away land, they are about real places, real people, and real historic events. But the greatest impact on my life is how they have changed me. 

I love the above comments by Blaise Pascal. If we explore God from a fairytale perspective that is a useless exploration. If, though, we pursue God has if he is REAL, that the words of scripture are real, then we are now open to this amazing GOD speaking to us.


"Tonight all of you will desert me. For the Scriptures way, 'God will strike the Shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.' But after I have been raised from the dead, I will go ahead of you to Galilee and meet you there." (Matthew 26: 31-32, NLT)

BELIEF in SCRIPTURE as the word of GOD is central to our faith. Not ever abandoning God through debates with people who have completely made up their minds, that is true faith. Going to a debate with confidence that God is real, His Word is real, and the knowledge of the impact upon my life, that is a WINNABLE DEBATE. 

You cannot get any of the value of these ancient stories, that we call the Bible, if you deny the existence of God. You can't read the stories available in God's word until you admit there is a God who performs miracles. You can't believe in the flood, the talking Donkey, the resurrection, and the miracle healings of hundreds until you come to the conclusion GOD IS REAL. 

I do not claim to have all the answers to why God did everything the way he did. I am equally amazed, as much as this atheist, by the finger writing in mid air or the story of a young boy killing a giant with a stone, or any othe miraculous story. But, they will always be just fairy tales unless you have an encounter with JESUS, God the Father, and admit the Holy Spirit to fill your life. 

The miracle of the Sun coming up each morning. The miracle of the changing seasons, the miracle of me breathing right now points to GOD. And once you admit there is a God you all the sudden realize you want to grow to know this GOD more and more each day. God provided us the perfect story held within the 66 books of the Bible. Thank you Lord!

Heavenly Father, I deeply treaure your word. I truly wish I walked the earth at the same time you walked the earth in the form of your Son. But, since that did not happen, I have to rely on the historical evidence that appears on those pages that we call the BIBLE. Thank you Lord for speaking to me through that work and through the pages of every day life. Amen!

____________________________________________

If you haven't repented of your sin, accepted what Jesus did for you on the cross, dying for your sins, or if you have not committed your life to Jesus, TODAY could be that day. give your life to the Lord. 

"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved." (Romans 10:9-10, ESV)

If you gave your life to Jesus today, text the word "faith" to (765)-896-4302 and we will follow up with material for you and join you in your walk of faith!


Comments