That is NOT fair!

 


There are so many things in life we deem "NOT FAIR." The distribution of wealth in the world seems so out of balance. Not that I am one to steal from the rich to give to the poor, but it really seems there is so much wealth accumulated in certain spots while there is a FAMINE OF WEALTH in others. On one side of politics we claim we must force the rich to support the poor. On the other side we say, let's give the rich more so they can create good paying jobs for the poor. Which one is fair? that is really a tough question. But one thing I know -- Life is not always fair!

People, really good people, die of cancer. Really good people lose their jobs, their marriages are struggling, and they have one trauma in life after another. We all face some level of UNFAIRNESS in life, some more than others. This is where GRACE steps in. 

As I was reading Matthew 20 today, I was contemplating the story of the vineyard workers hired at different times of the day. But, in the end they all got the same wage. I always read that story and realize, depending on who you are in the story frames your reference to the GRACE GIVEN by the landowner. 

"When those hired first came to get their pay, they assumed they would receive more. But they, too, were paid a day's wage. When they received their pay, they protested to the owner, 'Those people worked only one hour, and yet you've paid them just as much as you paid us who worked all day in the scorching heat." (Matthew 20:9-12, NLT)

If grace is given to us, it is amazing. If grace is given to someone else we deem it UNFAIR! The grace of God, like the song says, is ALWAYS AMAZING. If we think about the story, the first workers hired did not deserve to be hired. They just happened to be hired because they were at the right place at the right time. Sure, they worked for their wage, but they could have been left behind like all the workers hired later. NONE OF THE WORKERS DESERVED what they got. 

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23, NLT)

The payment I DESERVE is death, permanent separation from the one who loves me the most. He gave all of us the opportunity to work in his vineyard and none of us deserve to be called his own. Are we whining and complaining like those first workers. Do our prayers still come from a place of unfairness? We deserve eternal punishment. God stepped in. Don't we owe him more than we can ever repay?

Heavenly Father, Thank you for your perfect Grace. Thank you that you do not give me what I deserve. Thank you for giving me a place in your kingdom. I am glad I did not have to wait until I knocked on heaven's door to receive that grace. I thank you that I can celebrate that Grace right here on earth, trying to show that same grace to others! Thank you Lord! AMEN!

____________________________________________

If you haven't repented of your sin, accepted what Jesus did for you on the cross, dying for your sins, or if you have not committed your life to Jesus, TODAY could be that day. give your life to the Lord. 

"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved." (Romans 10:9-10, ESV)

If you gave your life to Jesus today, text the word "faith" to (765)-896-4302 and we will follow up with material for you and join you in your walk of faith!

Comments