THEN and NOW; God's BEST!
I love looking at my memories on Facebook. The picture above is the Indiana CMA State Rally in 2021 and that is our HOME ON WHEELS. I also noticed Stephanie's Spider in this picture. So much has changed in 5 years. How have you changed? I can look back at even five years ago and realize a pretty big change in who I am. God was doing great things THEN and he continues to do great things NOW.
Last Sunday I preached about GOD'S PERFECT VISION for our lives and how our vision is IMPERFECT. We just don't see what God sees and that is a GOOD THING. Then today I was reading Matthew 8 about the Leper who asked if Jesus was WILLING to heal him:
"Large crowds followed Jesus as he came down the mountainside. Suddenly, a man with leprosy approached him and knelt before him. 'Lord' the man said, 'if you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean.' Jesus reached out and touched him. 'I am willing,' he said, 'Be healed! And instantly the leprosy disappeared.'" (Matthew 8:1-3, NLT)
I got hung up on the question, 'IF YOU ARE WILLING.' I wondered if that thought comes from a lack of faith. So many times I pray wondering if God will answer my prayers. But, I do not do it from a LACK OF FAITH. My wondering comes from the thoughts that I only want what is in God's will and I wonder if I am asking in God's will?
Naturally, I am not asking for evil. I am asking for something I think is GOOD for me and Stephanie. It truly might be a GOOD THING. But, God wants more than just the GOOD for my life. God wants the BEST for me. I might be asking for something good but God says no to that good thing so he can give me something better. That is why I often wonder if God is willing to answer my prayer. I am fully confident he CAN, but I wonder if he WILL. If he does not answer my prayer, I have to have faith that he must have something even better in store for me. That is a pretty exciting thought!
As I look back at my memories on FB, I can see that God certainly has had BETTER plans for me than I had for myself. He wants to do more than heal me, he wants me to thrive, to enjoy my walk with him, and he wants to use me for his glory. I praise God for his BETTER PLANS for me. Thank you LORD!
Heavenly Father, I am blessed to be your servant. I know you have good plans for me and so when I pray for what I think are good plans I know that your plans are even better. I do not doubt you from the standpoint of lack of faith. I trust you want nothing but the best for me. That is exciting, Lord. I praise you for your wonderful plans, the joy you bring, the excitement of not knowing what is next, and discovering those good plans as I wake up each morning. Thank you Lord for all that you are and I am humbled by your presence in my life. AMEN!
____________________________________________
If you haven't repented of your sin, accepted what Jesus did for you on the cross, dying for your sins, or if you have not committed your life to Jesus, TODAY could be that day. give your life to the Lord.
"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved." (Romans 10:9-10, ESV)
If you gave your life to Jesus today, text the word "faith" to (765)-896-4302 and we will follow up with material for you and join you in your walk of faith!

Comments
Post a Comment