INCOMPREHENSIBLE GOD!
I am completely amazed at how dependent we are upon SCIENCE. Curiosity is part of our DNA as humans. We want to KNOW EVERYTHING. We want to know how things work and how to make tem better or use them to our advantage. We don't like things we cannot explain. The MIRACLES noted in scripture, the unexplainable events that occur today, are both fiercely contested by the LOGIC of many people.
So, when we get to the part about the TRINITY or the DUALITY of JESUS while he is on the CROSS, it really difficult for MOST people to grasp. How could JESUS be GOD and yet he cries out to God asking why he has been foresaken?
"At noon, the darkness fell across the whole land until three o'clock, Jesus called out with a loud voice, 'Eli, Eli, lema sabacthani?' which means 'My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?' Some of the bystanders misunderstood and thought he was calling to the prophet Elijah. One of them ran and filled the sponge with sour wine, holding it up to him on a reed stick so he could drink." (Matthew 27:45-48, NLT)
So many well read muslims say this is proof Jesus was NOT God. Atheists point to this single event as proof of the contradictions of the Bible. As a Christian the TRINITY and the life of Jesus are very difficult to understand and more difficult to explain. It might sound like a "cop out" but I am ok with NOT KNOWING. I know that is weird in todays rush to learn everything. I know that Jesus was BOTH MAN and GOD. And when he cries out on the cross that is the moment of his humanness when he is going through the weight of all our sins. He completely ignores his DIVINITY in order to take the punishment of the entire world on his sinless, human flesh. I can't explain it and I am ok with that!
Science cannot explain everything. Science cannot explain LOVE. Science cannot explain the beginning of the Universe. Science cannot explain the complexity of the brain and human emotion. AND there was a time when SCIENCE was confident on the explanation of our solar system. They placed the earth at the center of the UNIVERSE and the earth was flat. Yet, they were wrong. Yes, SCIENCE CAN BE WRONG.
We do not have to know everything! I am excited that I worship an INCOMPREHENSIBLE GOD! If God were easily explained, if we could grasp his thoughts and all his actions, what kind of God would he be. My GOD is so BIG he cannot be contained in our feeble human mind. I praise God for that!
Thank you Lord for who you are. Thank you for the unexplainable love and sacrifice you made on the cross. Thank you for taking upon your life the sins of us all. I praise you every day that I do not yet know the complete wonders of who you are! AMEN!
____________________________________________
If you haven't repented of your sin, accepted what Jesus did for you on the cross, dying for your sins, or if you have not committed your life to Jesus, TODAY could be that day. give your life to the Lord.
"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved." (Romans 10:9-10, ESV)
If you gave your life to Jesus today, text the word "faith" to (765)-896-4302 and we will follow up with material for you and join you in your walk of faith!

Comments
Post a Comment